Corwin Advance Courses Alignment to InTASC Standards
All Corwin Advance course learning objectives are aligned to the InTASC standards. The Council for Chief State Schools Officers (CCSSO), through its Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC), designed these standards to define and support teacher effectiveness to ensure students reach college and career ready standards. Details on InTASC can be found on the CCSSO site.
Specific InTASC standards are highlighted in each course syllabus, found within the course descriptions, as well as highlighted at the beginning of each course module.
Alignment and crosswalks have been developed to InTASC standards from other teacher standard and evaluation frameworks including:
State Requirements for Teacher License Renewal
Each state has differing teacher license renewal requirements. It is highly encouraged that you familiarize yourself with your state’s requirements. Often teachers can submit a course syllabus to their local school or district to gain the necessary approvals to insure courses meet their license renewal requirements. The below links are provided for select states license renewal.
- Colorado Department of Education
- Florida Department of Education
- Georgia Professional Standards Commission
- Indiana Department of Education
- Maryland Department of Education
- Michigan Department of Education information on: Standard Teaching Certificate Renewal (pdf) and Professional Teaching Certificate Renewal (pdf)
- Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board
- Ohio Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- South Carolina Department of Education
- Virginia Department of Education