This course focuses on ways educators, working in collaborative teams, can create their own common formative assessments (CFA) and implement them to interpret student understanding more correctly while adjusting their instruction accordingly to meet learner needs more effectively.
As part of this course, you will complete a series of design activities based on Larry Ainsworth’s Common Formative Assessments 2.0, which will result in a comprehensive and actionable CFA plan for your setting. Videos within the course of collaborative teaching teams illustrate each of the CFA 2.0 design steps.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the CFA 2.0 design steps to upgrade your own assessments
- Determine the learning intentions and student success criteria for a unit of study
- Evaluate and revise assessment questions for quality
- Plan learning progressions that enable students to attain learning intentions
- Create, revise, and improve common formative assessments