Make mathematics learning a more engaging and meaningful experience for middle and high school students using an achievable, daily approach to differentiation to ensure you reach all your learners. Learn practical approaches to meeting student needs and gain insight from classroom videos and vignettes, differentiated lesson ideas, weekly lesson sequences, and rich mathematics examples.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• identify students in terms of readiness, interest, and learning profile;
• create doable differentiation that you can use in your classroom;
• use the KUD (Know, Understand, Do) to unpack standards to design learning; and
• develop continuous strategies for year-long achievement.
Course Modules Include:
- Module 1: Knowing Students’ Learning Differences
- Module 2: Differentiation at a Glance
- Module 3: Strategies for Understanding Learners
- Module 4: Rigorous Mathematics that Makes Sense
- Module 5: Differentiation by Readiness
- Module 6: Differentiation by Interest
- Module 7: Differentiation by Learning Profile
- Module 8: Creating a Healthy Learning Environment
- Module 9: Mastering Modeling and Routines
- Module 10: Designing Effective Assessments
- Module 11: The Differentiated Mathematics Classroom
- Capstone Project
Download full syllabi below.