Set your students up for mathematical success by addressing their learning needs and make learning elementary mathematics engaging and meaningful. This course equips you with practical strategies that show how to integrate a daily differentiation process into your classroom. Explore classroom videos and vignettes, differentiated lesson ideas and weekly lesson sequences, along with rich K-5 mathematics examples to build a manageable framework and make mathematics accessible for all students.
Course Modules Include:
- Module 1: Knowing Students’ Learning Differences
- Module 2: Differentiation at a Glance
- Module 3: Strategies for Understanding Learners
- Module 4: Rigorous Mathematics that Makes Sense
- Module 5: Differentiation by Readiness
- Module 6: Differentiation by Interest
- Module 7: Differentiation by Learning Profile
- Module 8: Creating a Healthy Learning Environment
- Module 9: Making Differentiation Natural
- Module 10: Designing Effective Assessments
- Module 11: The Differentiated Mathematics Classroom
Download the full syllabi below.