Knowing the instructional content and understanding student learning styles won’t make a different unless students retain that content. Put the power of brain science to work for your students. In this course you will learn how to use brain-compatible strategies, based on Marcia Tate’s bestselling “Growing Dendrites” series, to engage students and boost their learning and retention.
In this course, you will:
- Gain insight into powerful strategies for constructing and teaching lessons across multiple content areas and grade levels.
- Determine how to combine strategies for greatest impact with different types of learners.
- Learn how to create an environment rich for learning that will engage all learners, including those who exhibit challenging behavior.
- Discover how to apply a straightforward approach for evaluating your current lessons and making each one more "brain-compatible."
- Access videos, eBooks, templates and interactive tools to bring strategies to life and support educators' learning at every step.
Course Modules Include:
- Module 1: Implementing Discussion and Cooperative Learning
- Module 2: Effective Implementation of Drawing and Writing
- Module 3: Using Technology
- Module 4: Using Humor and Games
- Module 5: Implementing Manipulatives, Experiments, and Technology
- Module 6: Effective Use of Organizers and Visuals
- Module 7: Using Mnemonics and Word Play
- Module 8: Implementing Movement and Drama
- Module 9: Using Visualization and Storytelling
- Module 10: Using Music and Rhythm
- Module 11: Implementing Project-Based and Real-World Learning
Download full syllabi below.