Through this course, you will learn how student-centered coaching focuses on using standards-based student evidence to inform coaching cycles and partnership-based teacher/coach collaboration to improve student achievement.
After completing this course, you will:
- Explore the differences between student-centered coaching and other instructional coaching models,
- Develop an understanding of the purpose and core practices for effective student-centered coaching,
- Understand the differences in the roles of school leadership and instructional coaches,
- Explore the premise that the coach supports and the principal supervises,
- Learn the process for organizing coaching through cycles,
- Understand the key components of a student-centered coaching cycle,
- Explore the teacher/coach collaboration and agreement that should precede a coaching cycle,
- Understand the power of co-teaching with a focus on effective instructional practice, and
- Learn about co-planning using student evidence.