Student-centered coaching focuses on using standards-based student evidence to inform coaching cycles and partnership-based teacher/coach collaboration to improve student achievement.
Through this course, you will learn core practices of student-centered coaching, practice key strategies to support teacher development, foster partnership and trust throughout the school, and take away practices you can implement right away.
After completing this course, you will:
- Learn how an effective teacher and coach partnership hinges on co-planning using student evidence,
- Use noticing and naming and thinking aloud strategies,
- Practice providing strengths-based feedback,
- Explore how the Results-Based Coaching Tool and coaching logs can help define and demonstrate progress, and
- Develop strategies for ending coaching cycles